Wednesday, March 16, 2011

studio tord boontje

Another one of my favourite designers! I stumbled across this designer in a small pop up exhibition in Covent Garden (London) about 4 years ago. I couldn't stop talking about him, so my boss brought me his book...its is the most detailed, delicate book i have ever seen. A piece of art in its own right...He designs everything from chair to tattoos..

Tord Boontje was born in Enschede, Netherlands in 1968. He first studied industrial design at the Design Academy in Eindhoven (1986 - 1991), and followed this with a Masters from the Royal College of Art in London (1992 - 1994). Studio Tord Boontje was founded in 1996.  Tord Boontje lived and worked in London from 1995 to 2005, when he moved his home and studio to Bourg-Argental, France. In 2009 he took up his appointment as Professor and Head of Design Products at the Royal College of Art, and continues work at his London-based design studio.  http://tordboontje.com/







2 comments:

  1. So lovely. I'm talking about all of it, especially the clocks that you are selling. When I get my own place, I will be looking through your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i have 2 more clocks coming out next week! xx

    ReplyDelete